Laura Sartori is Associate Professor at the Department of Political and Social Sciences of the University of Bologna.
1997: Laurea cum laude in Sociology, Faculty of Sociology, University of Trento, major in Economic sociology, dissertation on “Polesine local development: industrialization without autonomy?”.
2002: Phd in Sociology and social research, University of Trento, dissertation on “Consumption and daily life in the age of the Internet”.
Other educational activities
1994: one week course “La metodologia CATI nelle scienze sociali”, Università di Trento.
1996: one week course “La ricerca quantitativa nelle scienze sociali”, Università di Trento.
1996: 2 months course “La ricerca qualitativa nelle scienze sociali”, Università di Trento.
1998: Master post laurea “Esperto in comunicazione e new media”, Fondazione CUOA –Altavilla Vicentina (VI).
1999: Summer school in “Social science data analysis” (logistic regression and latent analysis courses), University of Essex, Uk.
2012 (4-10 February): Winter School “Fundamentals and methods for impact evaluation of public policies”, IRVAPP – Istituto per la ricerca valutativa sulle politiche pubbliche, Trento, – http://irvapp.fbk.eu/it – Impact analysis fundamentals; Counterfactual analysis
2012 (13-17 August): Summer School “Internet privacy and identity, trust and reputation mechanisms”, University of Oxford, Uk.
2014 (14-19 July): Summer School “From smart cities to engaged citizens”, University of Volos, Greece.
– May 2002 – June 2004: Fellowship in Sociology, Faculty of Humanities, University of Bologna. Research title “Internet and daily life: individualism or new forms of social networks? Concepts of community, time and consumption in the age of the Internet”.
– July 2004 – April 2005: Fellowship in Political and social sciences, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Bologna. Research title “Social capital and the Internet”.
– April 2005 – October 2012: Assistant professor, Department of Communication, University of Bologna.
– October 2012 – October 2014: Assistant professor, Political and Social sciences department, University of Bologna.
– October 2014 – present: Associate professor, Political and Social sciences department, University of Bologna.
– Information society; Digital divide; Digital inequalities; Digital Competences;
– Complementary currencies; Systems of mutual credit; Social meaning of money;
– Economic sociology; Social capital and local development;
– Sociology of disasters;
– Smart cities and Urban transformations;
– Political sociology; New forms of political participation;
Sociology; Society and Economics; Information society; Organizational sociology; Social change; Sociology of new media; Methodology for social research.
October 2014 – March 2017: Member of the PhD Program in‘Sociology and Methodology of Research’, University of Milan.
March 2017 – present: Member of the Phd Program in ‘Data Science and Computation’, University of Bologna and Fondazione Golinelli in collaboration with Polytechnic of Milan, INFN, IIT, ISI Foundation.